Dev Ops Engineer
We are a FinTech start-up, with a Product already in the market. We are currently looking for a Dev. Ops Engineer. Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Ziggurat we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
We are seeking DevOps Software Engineers to help develop tools, monitoring platform frameworks and support our internal engineering teams with AWS management and support.
Dev Ops Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Broad technical proficiency, with a thirst for knowledge, and a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to manage rapidly shifting priorities and dependencies
- Hands-on technical experience in Linux environments
- Ability and readiness to quickly learn new technologies
- Facilitate code updates
- Experience in AWS administration and troubleshooting
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
- Take high-level design decisions from team and turn them into reality that solves customer issues
- Team player, excellent communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand business requirements, propose reference architectures, and possible technology solutions. Must be capable of presenting options and weigh implementation
Dev Ops Engineer Technical Skills:
- Solid scripting & development language (e.g., bash, Go, Python, etc.)
- Experience with ETL and SQL and NoSQL Databases (MongoDB and Postgres)
- Experience with automation software using Ansible , HashiCorp stack and Python
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing, monitoring and alarming)
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, OpenStack, VMWare etc.
- Proficient in Linux command Line, system Administration and good hands-on installing software on Linux platforms
- Understanding of containers technologies like Docker & Kubernetes. Hands-on experience with building and running containers on Kubernetes platform is a plus
- Some networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Firewalls, traffic shaping, and load balancing)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Concourse etc.
- Experience with deploying and operating infrastructure running micro services based platforms
This position is currently non-paid, however we offer a generous option package. In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individualwill join us in our Bay Area office when it is safe to do so.