Product Marketing Manager
We are a FinTech start-up, with a Product already in the market. We are currently looking for a Product Marketing Manager. Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Ziggurat we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
The Product Marketing Manager has strong consumer and product instincts. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing to achieve results. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning, messaging, and programs that resonate with buyers and empower our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our product management and marketing teams to develop innovative programs and messaging that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
In addition to the product management and marketing teams, you will regularly collaborate with our sales channels; fine-tuning and executing programs and messaging to maximize results in ourtarget markets and working with and through sales to achieve business results; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to divein. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Produce a comprehensive Product RequirementsDocument (PRD) for our flagship product.The PRD will include input from various departments, including business development, marketing, design, and development.
- Streamline the product roadmap, addressing feature launch and timeline.Drive and own the success of the product!
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and thewho, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make – and drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Develop and execute marketing plans and campaigns in conjunction with our product management and marketing teams, including key activities to support the retention of existing customers, the acquisition of new customers, and the adoption of our products and services
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Understand and support our sales channels, develop materials and messaging for sales, conduct training and help sales effectively leverage those tools
- Transform market feedback and customer relationships into compelling business cases and testimonials
- Create content for and actively participate in trade shows (later), seminars and training sessions to represent our business and its products and services to the market
Job Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications
- Highly motivated, tech-savvy, and passionate about creating messaging for products and solutions
- Must be a strong, creative, and persuasive writer, public speaker, and presenter, including in front of large, senior groups
- Ready to lead and own the big things while never hesitating to “get dirty” and get the small things done
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties in an international environment
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is working and what is not
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines underpressure
- Power-user of productivity applications such as the Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable learning and using collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Trello, etc.
- Able to work flexible hours, including outside of traditional office hours, due to our global presence
- 5+ years of marketing or product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing or business preferred) or related education, experience or equivalent
This position is currently non-paid, however we offer a generous option package. In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individualwill join us in our Bay Area office when it is safe to do so.