Software Development Manager and Architect
We are a Fintech start-up, with a Beta product already in the market, looking for a Software Development Manager. In this role you would provide technical leadership and guidance and would help facilitate the team to build out new capabilities and/or systems in a manner such that they drive efficiency of execution while solving for scale, resilience, reliability at the same time. As the leader of SW Dev. Team, You would be responsible for coming up with a strategy for this team in conjunction with your product and UX counterparts in order to lay down the path for success to accomplish our 2020 goals and beyond.
Additionally, you would coach and grow our interns and future FTEs and help them be successful individual contributors or managers at Ziggurat Technologies. You would partner with other leaders, drive thought leadership and help accomplish initiatives outside the immediate scope of responsibility through influence and/or guidance.
- Lead, inspire, and influence to make sure your team is successful
- Partner with the recruiting team to attract and retain high-quality and diverse talent
- Establish great rapport with other development teams, Product Managers, Sales and Customer Success to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Ensure teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and long term architectural vision.
- Lead 5-10 software engineers
You are someone who is looking for an opportunity to shape the future of a start-up. You enjoy working on challenging ideas and are not afraid to jump in and drive those ideas to its eventual conclusion. You have a strong point-of-view on both technology design and product direction and have had demonstrable successes in the past. You like to take calculated risks based on previous experience and feel accountable for the outcome. You are data-driven and like to base discussions on the merits of data as opposed to personal bias. You enjoy working with teams, are always looking to up-level their capabilities, and care deeply about their well-being. You like to coach individuals and help them accomplish their own career goals.
What are we Looking for:
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams in consumer App, web or SaaS products
- Strong technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your engineers
- Experience building strong partnerships with other job functions, like product, marketing and UX, to keep teams collaborating smoothly and working together to improve the product
- Strong desire to understand the root cause and details of systems, get hands-on with data and analysis to evaluate how the team and the product are growing
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures, building high-performance distributed systems
- Experience leading a geographically distributed software engineering organization comprising multiple teams
We are a start-up Fintech company with a Beta product in the market. This position is currently non-paid, however we offer a generous option package.